Thursday 4 August 2011

August 4th 2011

Today we've been battling teething, in a way I've not yet
experienced.

We're awaiting the breaking of tooth ten, after the 
other nine came through without a hint of warning
or a sniff of trouble. Tooth ten is making up for all 
nine, with two days on the trot [excuse the pun] of 
4.45am wakings with some seriously well used 
nappies. My poor boy has cried pretty consistently 
since the weekend and nothing I do seems to be fixing it.

So far we've tried Calpol, teething toothpaste, teething
powders and the newest addition, Bickiepegs.

If Chops could put pen to paper, or finger to keyboard - 
it is 2011 after all, I reckon he'd pen something like this:


Dear Mr Bickiepeg,

Your 'teething biscuit' idea is rubbish, mostly because they're neither 
useful as a biscuit cos they taste of nothing nor as a teething aid 
because said tastelessness means I won't put it in my mouth. Please 
invent something better, ideally something that does not resemble 
a dog biscuit.

The baby on the box is a total mis-sell too, seriously I do not look 
that happy right now.
Proof is in the pudding, looks like a cross between a dog biscuit 
and a retro whistle lolly.


Thanks kindly,
A teething troubled Chops.

So, the little squid is safely tucked up in bed for the 
night now, for how long I don't know. We managed a few 
smiles before bedtime while reading
You're Not So Scary Sid  Chops fave book - always raises 
a cheeky smile & I'd wholly recommend it. Any tips for teething toddlers?!x

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for this lovely post, it really made me chuckle because that is exactly what I think all of my children would have said about the bickiepegs xxx

    ReplyDelete